Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO Roof System
Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO reinforced membrane is a premium, heat-weldable, single-ply thermoplastic polyolefin (TPO) sheet designed for new roof construction and re-roofing applications. Sure-Weld High Slope (HS) membrane is formulated with additional ﬂame retardant for higher-slope ﬁre code approvals. Sure-Weld EXTRA is 80 mils thick for significantly higher strength and weatherability.
Sure-Weld TPO membranes use advanced polymerization technology that combines the ﬂexibility of ethylene-propylene (EP) rubber with the heat weldability of polypropylene. All Sure-Weld TPO membranes include OctaGuard XT™, an industry-leading, state-of-the-art weathering package. OctaGuard XT technology enables Sure-Weld TPO to withstand the extreme weatherability testing that is intended to simulate exposure to severe climates.
Carlisle’s Sure-Weld TPO Roofing Systems Features and Benefits
- Outstanding puncture resistance
- Chlorine-free with no halogenated ﬂame retardants
- Plasticizer-free; does not contain liquid or polymeric plasticizers
- Excellent resistance to impact and low temperatures
- Excellent chemical resistance to acids, bases and restaurant exhaust emissions
- UL 2218 Class 4 hail rating
- Exceptional resistance to heat, solar UV, ozone and oxidation
- Manufactured using a hot-melt extrusion process for complete scrim encapsulation
- 100% recyclable (see Carlisle’s Recyclability Statement)
- Enhanced with the OctaGuard XT weathering package
- APEEL Protective Film application guards the TPO membrane’s surface from scuffs and dirt accumulation during installation, improving the roof system’s appearance and long-term performance
- APEEL Protective Film can be left in place for up to 90 days without degrading due to its excellent heat- and UV-resistance
Supplemental Approvals, Statements and Characteristics:
Sure-Weld TPO meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM D6878 Standard Speciﬁcation for Thermoplastic Polyoleﬁn-Based Sheet Rooﬁng.
- Radiative Properties for ENERGY STAR, Cool Roof Rating Council (CRRC) and LEED.
- Sure-Weld TPO membranes conform to requirements of the US E.P.A. Toxic Leachate Test (40 CFR part 136) performed by an independent analytical laboratory.
- Sure-Weld TPO was tested for dynamic puncture resistance per ASTM D5635-04 using the most recently modiﬁed impact head. 45-mil was watertight after an impact energy of 12.5 J (9.2 ft-lbf) and 60-mil was watertight after 22.5 J (16.6 ft-lbf). 80-mil EXTRA was watertight after an impact energy of 30.0 J (22.1 ft-lbf).